Rechercher dans ce blog

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Ex-SEAL Carl Higbie (letter): 'I will stand up against anyone's attempt to mask me or my kids' - Fairfield Citizen

ragamnyakabar.blogspot.com

Greenwich First Selectman Fred Camillo has instituted another mask mandate, but just for us civilians.

A picture is worth a thousand words, as you can see from an image I posted on Twitter, where Fred is unmasked and huddled cheek to cheek with six other people just over a week ago.

The rules apparently don’t apply to him.

He was in a tent. This is why these regulations are stupid. An enclosed tent is OK, but a barbershop or gym is not?

Nationwide there are a ton of Freds. Gavin Newsom at the French laundry, Gretchen Whitmer’s trip to Florida when her state was locked down. They don’t practice what they preach. It’s theater. Republican Town Committee Vice Chair Jackie Budkins and Selectwoman Lauren Rabin have almost unilaterally supported Fred’s policies, and look — they are in the picture without masks.

You believe in this stuff and practice it, or you don’t and you’re a hypocrite. You can see from that photo that they don’t believe in it. No social distancing, no masks. But per Fred’s policy, a waiter in the background wears a mask. They tell me I must wear one in the gym. Ironically, that’s where the highest concentration of healthy people, the people who probably do not get COVID as badly, hang out.

As a Republican, (which Fred claims to be), I will stand up against anyone’s attempt to mask me or my kids. I will not comply! And don’t give me that crap about it being “for other people.” That’s a strawman.

Fred doesn’t follow his own rules. If you practice hocus-pocus COVID theater, that’s your choice. But management at the expense of our liberty, with do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do mandates, is no management at all. It’s just a mess of petty tyranny, ego and incompetence. That’s not what I voted for.

Greenwich Representative Town Meeting member Carl Higbie is a former Navy SEAL who was chief of external affairs for the Corporation for National and Community Service under President Donald Trump.

Adblock test (Why?)



"seal" - Google News
September 08, 2021 at 09:03PM
https://ift.tt/3zU5KBd

Ex-SEAL Carl Higbie (letter): 'I will stand up against anyone's attempt to mask me or my kids' - Fairfield Citizen
"seal" - Google News
https://ift.tt/3c1qdrW
https://ift.tt/2SzWv5y

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Featured Post

This North Texas city has asked large trucks to avoid its quaint downtown. They come anyway - Yahoo News

ragamnyakabar.blogspot.com Glen Rose’s downtown — lined with boutiques, antique shops, bookstores and cafes in early 20th century building...

Postingan Populer